Youth Flag Football 2021
Flag Football Update 02/01/2021:
Thank you for allowing us to invest in your family through sports and recreation leagues. We are currently working on getting approval from Hanover County to create new fields by the start of the season. As with everything these days, Covid has caused delays in this process. Check back in June 2021 to see if we will be able to offer flag football in September-October.
Information regarding specific sport and recreation programming can be found on the Compass Sports Facebook page.
The Finer Points of Compass Sports Flag Football:
- League is for boys & girls 1st - 8th Grade (2020-21 school year)
- All teams are coed
- Practices are one night a week either on Mon, Tue or Thurs for one hour
- 8-game season | Sept - Oct
- Financial Aid is available. Click HERE for the Financial Aid form
- Games are played on Saturdays for 1 hour
- A jersey, shorts and socks come with registration
Basketball, soccer & flag football uses a flex schedule. A flex schedule creates a 4-week or 6-week schedule, reviews the results, and then builds the last 4-week or 2-week schedule. The purpose of the flex schedule is to work towards the core value of creating equal competition. By using a flex schedule system, we are able to have teams play each other the last 2-4 weeks of the season that share similar skill and records; therefore, avoiding a continuation of "blowout" games for particular teams.
If you have any questions, please email